WEBSITES FOR AUTHORS AND BOOKS
Most clients want publicity services. When we examine a current website, it often becomes clear that additional development is needed. A website is the foundation of the publicity effort, driving updates to social media through the blog. It provides substantial information about who you are in as many aspects as you care to share. It provides credentials for claims to be a qualified speaker, teacher, author.
- Website consulting - An in-depth look at your most public face
- Review and suggestions for current site, new site copy, site design, site programming, as needed. We work with your developer to assure that your site has an appealing look and feel and that there are mechanisms in place to keep it current. Few things are more off-putting to a site visitor than discovering that the site has not been updated in several months - or even years.
- Website development
- Squarespace is the platform I use. It is elegant, flexible and reasonably priced. The blog and calendar are user friendly and many clients handle their own updates. I can create your design, write content, make pages, and maintain the site using Squarespace.
- Websites are a joint effort. You can count on me for the heavy lifting, and I rely on you to stick to our agreed timetable, provide content information, lots of photos to illustrate your story, and thorough review.
- Don't let your website go out of date! I can maintain it for you, or teach you to keep it fresh.
Web work - $85 per hour, minimum initial engagement 10 hours, payable in advance. (Fee does not include any payments to ISPs or hosts. These are paid directly by author.) Most web sites are quoted on a per project basis with an optional maintenance fee after publishing.